Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gerov1t View Post

Yeah missclick riight

ATTENTION!!! DANIEL IF YOU READ THIS, IT'S NOT ALLOWED TO MISSCLICK REGISTER ON HIGH STAKES

Haha, stvarno bio je misclick!

Comment

Hey guys!

Didn't intend to post an update so soon, but had an interesting day yesterday. I had it planned to be my day off from MTT grind. I did receive free $1.10, $2.20 and $5.50 KO Series tickets from Party Poker Live. So I decided to turn on a $2.20 and a $5.50 KO Series tourneys, started at 16.00.

Long story short, busted the $5.50 pretty soon, but ended up playing the $2.20 one for over 15 hours and coming 2nd out of 4200 players haha. I played really good but HU was a huge disappointment. The opponent was bad, I grinded him down nicely 3 TIMES just to see him win an AI and get to chips again. Final hand lost KK vs A9 with a turned A and that was it. Was really frustrated, went to bed at 6.30 in the morning, but couldn't fall asleep for half an hour because of him angry I was. I really thought this was a good chance to book a win and get a KO-Series trophy. But what can you do, I did my best, that is all that matters at the end of the day!

And, to make it more lively, here's a final screenshot:

Btw, this is my first time playing a 15+hrs session and let me tell you, it's exhausting, especially because it was totally unexpected and I wasn't prepared well for it (didn't sleep a lot previous night, etc). But such a valuable experience for me moving forward towards the goal of crushing MTTs! LET'S GO!

Comment

Pozdrav momci!

OK, again didn't think I'll stop by here so soon, but we had another $5.50 PLO win yesterday; that is 2nd in 3 days! Vamos! #plogod

Comment

Hey guys!

Just a quick update! Not much going on, did not have any bigger scores this week. I did get to the final table of a $5.50 Major but busted 8th. I fee like I am really close all the time (had a couple of 20-40 place finishes in $11 Daily's and Major's), but there's always this last push that is missing to make a great score!

Anyway, the plan is to keep on trying and also studying! Currently I am working on 3bet shoving ranges, which occur really often and I'm quite lost at those. So it's nice to actually do some theory behind those and get a solid understand of those spots!

I'll keep you posted if we manage to get any nice score this week!

In the meantime, did you guys had any awesome scores this week? Share it here and let me know, I'd love to know how you're doing (and give me some additional motivation)!

Regards,
          Jkob.

Comment

Very nice results, keep up the good work!
            Do you play anywhere else, besides on Party poker?

Comment

Originally posted by POKERPRO View Post
              Very nice results, keep up the good work!
              Do you play anywhere else, besides on Party poker?

Hey hey, thanks for stopping by I am currently playing on Party Poker and Winamax. Actually still getting into MTTs so for now that is enough. Would probably be +EV to add GGpoker (or some other Asian site) and maybe some else.

Comment

Just a quick update!

I have managed to grow my Party bankroll from $70 to $1500 right now (we stopped playing cash games on Party, but I had $70 left on the account; so when I decided to give MTTs a try I told Milan I'd try and build my bankroll from that. Well, so far so good! ).

Anyway, decided to play my first two $22 BI MTTs yesterday (still a bit out of my BRM - I try to follow the 100 BI rule). I managed to get really deep in the $22 6-max Turbo. At the end I bubbled the final table, finishing 7th for $210. Really bad luck, I think I played well, we always come so close. One day, one day...!

Also, I play some 0.5$ satellites on Party for $109 and $215 tickets because they are fun, soft and really +EV. And here's what we got yesterday:

So it will be fun to play such a big tournament, I'll probably play on sunday. I'll keep you guys posted!

Comment

Hey guys!

How is everyone? I'm sorry I'm a bit late with my update, but I had a 3 day pause (from thursday to saturday) since I took a small trip to Sicily, Italy with my girlfriend (she finally had some vacation time from her job and she recently also had a birthday!). Well, it was short and sweet but now we are back!

Yesterday I already did a sunday grind session, and it was...well...mediocre. I played the $215 Main Event with the ticket I had, I busted with 66 vs AQ (standard A on the river ), but overall I think I played fine. But it's ok, I'll keep trying, we'll play a lot of these satellites and we'll have more chances. In fact:

One of the best chances yesterday was the $22 Sunday Bounty Hunter 6-max Turbo. I finished on the final table bubbla (7th) for a total of $510. I played really well throughout the tournament and in the last hand I even had a chance to triple up and start the FT as top3, but:

This was a perfect spot, but unfortunately it didn't hold. I really don't whine too much about my hands (at least I try not too ), but this one really hurt since it was such an amazing opportunity. Oh well, the grind continues! The important things in such situations is that you evaluate your game and try to fix the mistakes you have possibly made; you can only get it in good (the rest is not up to you)!

That's it, I am currently watching some videos from a course Milan sent me and the grind continues!

Jkob.

Comment

Boom, we managed to win the $5.50 PLO again. Still waiting for a 4-figure score and a win on some of the bigger tournaments. It will come, I can feel it!

Comment

Hey guys!

How is everyone doing? Hope you had a nice weekend!

It was an interesting week, I did however not managed to get any noteworthy score. The bankroll did grow from the previous week, so there is at least that! I still keep on coming really close (top 15-40) but always just come short of making a really significant score. I guess I just have to keep on trying hard!

I really feel great about playing, got that motivation again, which is really important to me! I did actually manage to place 27th on the Party Poker LOW-Millions weekly leaderboard which means I will be getting 2x $109 tickets, which is awesome! We will again have a shot at the big tourneys!

I did also get yelled at by the boss the other day for not working on my game nearly enough and therefore still lacking basics. No matter how much I try to argue that, he is absolutely right. I am putting it all out in terms of playing (I'm actually playing more than I ever did before), but the theory always gets left for "the next day". Well, I guess the only way to fix that and is to start working on it. So I'll really try to squeeze in at least 2hrs/day this week off the tables. I'll report here daily if I managed to do that so I can held myself accountable here in my blog!

I will hopefully also post some nice scores here, so be ready for that!

Off to the study now!

Cheers!

Comment

Hey everyone!

How's it going? I hope you are enjoy the Easter holidays!

So, March is over and I am not super happy about it. It was my best MTT month since I started with mtts 4 months ago, but I know I can do so much better.

First off, last week I didn't make any huge scores again. We were really close a couple of times, but not just there. This was the last one, finished just below the podium.

Also, those $109 tickets that I won through the Millions promotion are pretty much crap. They cannot be used for regular tournaments but only for Millions satellites (for a $5k BI tournament that will take place in November). Qualifying for such a tournament would be sick of course, but I would much prefer to have a chance to play regular $109 MTTs and build my bankroll.

Anyway, I finished the month just abouve the $2.000 mark, which is obviously something to be happy about, but as I said, I know I can achieve so much more!

The plans for April are to study as much as possible and try to at least double the results from March!

What about you guys, how was your months? Anybody totally crushed March maybe?

Cheers!

Comment

Hey guys!

How's it going? Just a quick update, finally won my first bigger tournament! It was the $11 Early Grind on Party Poker! Feeling great, especially since the beginning of April was total shit, almost no deep runs in the first 5 days and always around 10th to 20th place for small prizes. Anyway, got a lot of motivation now, the grind continues!

Comment

BOOM!

I'll talk about it a bit more on the next update. Just gonna enjoy the win today!

Comment

Hey guys!

How is everyone doing, hope all is well!

OK, so I finally managed to ship a bigger tournament and get this elusive 4-figure score! I was really happy about it, I played well and kept my cool all the way to the end.

Bad thing is, after this win I am now experiencing my crappiest run so far =/ In the past 6 days I have not managed to get any bigger score, deep runs are almost non-existent and I only have a few min-cashes to my name. It is really frustrating as I am playing the same game, I also study (RYE atm), but the cards just don't hold.

I guess the plan is to keep doing what I'm doing and slowly grind the bad run out! Need to be positive about it!

What about you guys, what was the longest bad runs you had? Did you change anything in your approach to poker to turn it around? Variance can be such a bitch sometimes, grrr!

Hopefully the next update will be a crushing one!

Comment

Won the Sunday $11 Main Event! VAMOS!!!

Update coming in the middle of the week!

Comment

Working...
                                X