On a mission to becoming a MTT Crusher!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone!

I am so sorry for not updating for a couple of weeks, it's just so easy to forget about things when you focus on other stuff!

The grind has been coming along OK, I am currently in a bit of a breakeven/slightly losing period. I haven't had any huge scores lately, but I am playing my best and really trying. Coming close a lot of the times, but falling short everytime. But that is MTT variance for you here, I have to be prepared for that.

I have managed to win the morning $5.50 Rebuy on Party last friday for about $360, other than that nothing bigger. I am happy with my work attitude though, I had a coaching session with Milan shortly after the win in $11 and after that I have done quite some work. The plan is to continue to work hard and play and hopefully we can post another big score here soon!

How is everyone else doing? Have you played any Powerfest tournaments? Anyone made any huge scores? Let me know, I'd love to hear how people are doing here!

Screenshot of the $5.50 Rebuy:

Comment

Hey guys!

How is everyone doing? Hope you are all well. I haven't updated the blog in a little while and I apologize for that. It doesn't mean I have been slacking however! Quite the contrary!

Last week (more precisely from 11th until 21st of June) I was in Greece, meeting with the PokerPro Srbija team who are grinding there over the summer. I had a plan to go and visit them later in September but I managed to visit them now even! My plan was to meet with the team, try to learn as much from them as possible and try to put in some volume while there.

I have to say I had the best working vacation ever! I was there with a slovenian friend David (who is staying a while longer) alongside our boss Milan and Dario. Giannis (our greek player) came for a couple of days to play/study with us too! In the first half of the visit I have mostly grinded and tried to observe other guys play.

I am really happy with my second half of the trip; we had a coaching session with Milan (out on the balcony! ) and he showed me a lot of useful things to focus on my game (mostly about me being too tight in general). So after that I managed to work at least 1 hour daily in Icmizer. I have filtered hands that were unclear to me and ran them in Icmizer and took observations and notes on how I should play them in the future.

On top of all the poker stuff, I have to say I had a blast, Milan was the best as a host, I don't really recall to ever have such a warm reception anywhere I have been so far. So I really enjoyed my time there, we also had a ton of laughs I'm looking forward to visiting you guys again!

I'll add some pictures, though I didn't take many, as I always forget to do that

Our house. We were supposed to even set up our grind place outside on the balcony, but we had this funny handyman, who took forever to set up mosquito protection

The road to the sea. I literally had to walk 40m to get to the beach, what more can you ask for!

Our daily meal, "the rungood salad"

My Greece grind setup

The beach, with Solun (Thessaloniki) in the background

Our beach with the bars viewed from the other side

The last day we had a dinner on the beach in a really nice atmosphere with chilled greek music! Thanks for everything Milan!

Last edited by J-kob; 25th June 2018, 07:16.

Comment

Hey guys!

I have been thinking lately how to put more interesting content on my blog and came up with an interesting idea. I try to study off table daily nowadays and figured I could film it in forms of vlogs. Every day I would film 1 situation I would analyze (with different poker tools), talk about it, explore it and then put it on my blog.

I did one situation today and I'm uploading it now. I would really appreciate it if you would check it and give me some feedback (whether you feel this is useful content). Also if you have any other questions, comments, feel free to post them!

Comment

Hey everyone!

Here we are with a part #2 of my Vlog. Today I didn't do a new scenario (coming in the next one!), but I analyzed how we can adjust our preflop opening range based on the type of opponents that are left to act behind us. Let me know what you think!

Comment

Hello hello!

So another day in the study lab we could say Today I decided to show you guys another way of working on your game. I picked 4 hands I have played and analyzed the spots with ICMIZER to see if my plays were correct. We also changed situations a bit and analyzed how our ranges changed. Hope you like it, comments appreciated!

Comment

Hey everyone!

How are you doing? I have to say I'm quite ok, a bit annoyed with the current MTT results though -.- I haven't had any great scores recently, but I feel we are close. I am constantly working on my game which has to yield results in the near future, I am just waiting to get a bit of a better run at the tables!

I have however, recorded another part of my vlog, I picked 5 hand situations and analyzed them in ICMIZER. So have fun watching it and I hope you learn something from it! As always, comments are appreciated!

Comment

Hey guys!

How is everyone? Hope you are all enjoying your weekend! I am doing ok, playing + working on my game! I have finished 4th in $3.30 Major and 6th in $5.50 Bounty Hunter in the past 2 days. So nothing big but it is definitely going in the right direction. I have also been pretty consistent with working on my game, I have restarted with the use of Holdem Resources Calculator, which is just so much more versatile tool then ICMizer for me currently, as it offers more possibilities/angles to study a hand.

Speaking of which, I have recorded the 5th part of the Vlog, this time we go over 7 hands in Holdem Resources Calculator. Enjoy watching & comments appreciated!

Comment

Hey guys!

How is everyone, enjoying summer? After a little break I am back, studying&playing! I am still having this BE stretch at the tables, which is super frustrating now, but I guess I just have to grind it through. However I have never in my life put so much effort into studying the game so I am really happy for that. I really like doing it, I just try to mark as many hands as possible and then put them in the Holdem Resources Calculator and then run different scenarios and see if my plays were ok or if I made mistakes. I belive I have improved tremendously by doing that now I just hope that results will soon follow!

Anyway, I have recorded another part of our study vlog (Study Vlog #6 - Holdem Resources Calculator) so you guys can watch and hopefully learn something too! We had some problems in the forum where you could not access my blog, but those problems should be fixed now!

Comment

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to share my recent bigger result here. Last week I finished 2nd in $11 Bounty Hunter! I played really really well throughout the whole tournament, only at the end there were some spots I was unsure about (lack of experience I guess ). But super happy, it is a bit unfortunate we didn't manage to get that 1st place as the prizes between 1st and the other places are huge in Bounty tournaments.

I also made 2 final tables yesterday, on a $3.30 Bounty Hunter and on $55 Bounty Hunter for which I got a ticket on a $2.20 Satellite I will post those screenshots in the evening when I get to my laptop!

Comment

Working...
                    X